Living and working at historic location on Zuid-Willemsvaart? This national heritage listed urban villa can rightly be called a Grande Dame and is located opposite Helmond’s bustling harbour square. The size of this villa and the privacy-offering 1,234 m² plot nevertheless provide plenty of peace and quiet at this lively location. The villa includes a master apartment, two luxuriously appointed bathrooms, a guesthouse, a spacious basement and a highly multifunctional annexe in the former ‘candle factory’. An exclusive property where all the authentic details have been preserved as much as possible and where the recent renovations have been carried out with very high-quality materials.
Having been built by textile family Bots in 1835, the property was later sold to the founder of textile company J.A. Raymakers & Co. in 1857. The property remained in the family for over 125 years. After it was sold in the 1980s, the property was used first as an office and later as a residence. One of the most recognizable elements of this villa is its clock tower; it is the reason this urban villa is also known as ‘The House with the Clock’. You may also hear it called the property with ‘The Candle Factory’. This spacious, well-appointed detached outbuilding is located behind the villa and was built around 80 years ago; it was used for candle-making until the 1970s.
With an excellent geographical location across from the centre of Helmond and just a ten-minute drive from Eindhoven, yet still offering tremendous privacy and tranquillity, this property is located in a highly desirable residential area. Schools, a hockey club, a golf course and various culinary establishments are all within walking distance or just a few minutes’ drive away.
- National heritage listed, unique urban villa in English architectural style.
- Very high quality finishing using the most beautiful materials.
- During the renovation, all the infrastructure was completely replaced.
- 40 solar panels have been installed on the roof of the Candle Factory.
- The door and window frames at the front were repainted in 2016 and those at the rear in 2020. The woodwork of the Candle Factory was painted in 2021.
- Various attractive fiscal possibilities due to the broadly defined planning designation, making possible many different uses of both the villa and the Candle Factory. The land-use plan can be found at ruimtelijkeplannen.nl.
- This property also offers excellent security, including: boom barrier, electric gates, an alarm system and fingerprint locks.
- Favourable geographical location near the motorway network, sports clubs, golf course, primary and secondary schools, Elkerliek Hospital, restaurants and cafés.